Friday, November 15, 2013

AASL Hartford

   I've been attending a wonderful AASL conference in Hartford, Connecticut. I attended one session on library apps and was pleasantly surprised that AASL now has compiled a list of best apps for teaching and learning. 100s of apps were screened and only a few were chosen for this inaugural list. These apps were not all free. Making the list are Bats: Furry Fliers of the Night, All Gore- Our Choice, Cinderella from Nosy Crow, Shakespeare in Bits- Hamlet, Fam Bam- Got to Have Music, Science 360, NASA, Operation Math, SimplePhysics, Tinkerbox, EasyBib, Dropbox, Evernote, Schoology, Socrative, Ansel and Clair's Adventures in Africa, Barefoot World Atlas, Brittanica Kids: Ancient Egypt, My Congress, News-O-Matic Daily for Kids, Educreations, Toontastic, Kidblog, GarageBand, and Videolicious.
The team recommended also looking at other apps by the same creators.
   These apps are for all age levels. Some are appropriate for home use. I can't wait to spend some more time with these to see how I can incorporate them into my library program.

No comments:

Post a Comment